Leadership is one of the most misunderstood concepts in the corporate world.
There is an expectation of what a leader is – and indeed isn’t – that is often hard to shake. It is baked into our society through history, politics, and the arts. As such, people tend to assume they know what a leader is and what leadership is without really stopping to question whether they are right.
Being a successful leader is more than just asserting a job title or given authority. It is about having a level of self-awareness, the right mindset, being able to communicate a clear direction and work well with others, and most importantly – inspiring people to achieve great things.
- A leader can be anyone and doesn’t need to be a manager.
- A leader can see the potential in others and help them reach it.
- A leader is someone who isn’t afraid to make tough decisions, take risks or challenge the status quo.
- A leader is someone who can apologize for any wrongdoing and can change direction when information changes.
- A leader can bring a diverse group of people together to achieve a common goal.
Leaders come from all walks of life and don’t always need a job title to inspire and drive others forward.
At Beyond the Barriers, we are experts in developing personal and organizational leadership capability and capacity. Whether you want to arm emerging leaders with new skills and tools to make the leadership transition easier or whether you want to ensure your c-suite executives are as sharp as they need to be to lead in an uncertain world, we can help.
What to do next?
Are you ready to build leadership capacity in your organisation?
We can create a rigorous leadership training programme to suit you and your organisation.
We can offer you ‘off-the-shelf’ programmes or we can work with you to design a bespoke programme and on an ongoing basis ensure a consistency of approach across teams.
Get in touch to discuss how we can help you today.
- I just wanted to say thank you, the feedback from the sessions has been excellent. I bumped into two people who attended yesterday and they were ‘buzzing’ from the two days and cited the impact that it had on them. Nadia Harrington, Organisational Development Lead, Suffolk County Council
- I am so glad I attended the workshop, it was really an EXCELLENT day and I got a lot out of it! Anna was great and I think we all came away full of positive energy! Julian Kulkarni, Chief Marketing Officer, Morgan McKinley
- Beyond the Barriers have brought a totally fresh perspective on resilience by relating what they’ve learnt from high performance in sport to performing under pressure in the work environment Steve Aylwin, Workforce Lead – Development, NHS CCG Dorset
- The workshop was invaluable and everyone in the agency should be exposed to this. The neurocardiology and the science was fascinating Toby Allen, Creative Partner, AMV BDDO
Do you want to strengthen your resilience and develop your leadership skills?
Stay ahead of the game with the Resilient Leader’s Toolkit.